Terms and Conditions
Welcome to StoveBay.com. This page contains information on the Terms and Conditions for purchases from StoveBay.
These terms and conditions apply to all purchases of all products from StoveBay. By placing an order with StoveBay you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions set out below and on our websites.
If you need to contact us we recommend contacting us by email as it is the fastest way and clearest method of communication. If you need to speak directly with us, please call 02866 326327. Even though we endeavour to keep our information [price/descriptions/product specifications] as up to date as possible, we are aware that sometimes errors do occur.
StoveBay reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions at any time without any prior notice.
Old Scotch Stores
BT 74 7JY
02866 326 327
Telephone: 02866 326 327
Vat Number: GB 258 8142 77
Company: Home & Stone Limited
Definitions & Terms:
- “We” “Us” “Our” and “Seller” mean StoveBay.
- “You” “Your” and “Buyer” mean the customer who purchases from StoveBay.
- “Terms” means the terms and conditions of sale.
- “Goods” means the products/items sold/delivered and/or installed.
- “Services” means the services that are carried out by “Us” to “You”.
- “Price” means the final cost for the product.
- “Order” refers to the purchase of products or goods as agreed with “Us”.
- “Contract” refers to any contract between “Us” and “You”.
- All quotations are valid for 30 days from the time of print and maybe subject to change without prior notice.
- All quotations are quoted as accurately as possible at the time of print. Once the quotation has been accepted if any further unforeseen costs arise then We shall discuss these with You before incurring additional costs.
- Vat is charged at the current rate.
- In most instances all works are carried out by our installation team. We shall be entitled to sub contract any additional works as agreed with You within the quotation.
- All Orders must be paid in full before Goods are dispatched/collected/installed.
- All Goods require a deposit of 50% with the remaining balance to be paid prior to dispatch/collection/installation.
- We reserve right to increase the deposit payment by You without prior notice.
- We accept all forms of payment; cash/debit/credit cards/bank transfer.
- If you wish to pay by cheque or bank/building society cheque/draft please make it payable to ‘StoveBay’. Please write your home address on the reverse of the cheque. Please allow 5 working days for the cheque to clear before goods are dispatched/collected/installed.
- We add Vat at the current rate
- We reserve right to add interest to late payments
Trade Credit Customer Accounts:
- Trade credit customer accounts are available for builders/installers/tradespersons.
- Trade accounts are available on a case by case situation and require a previous trading history with Us.
- Orders must be placed by a relevant authorised person from the Buyer Company.
- We do not accept responsibility for completed unauthorised Orders from the Buyer.
- Trade Credit Accounts are offered from the end of the month in which the goods are delivered/collected/installed.
- We accept all forms of payment; cash/debit/credit cards/bank transfer.
- If you wish to pay by cheque or bank/building society cheque/draft please make it payable to ‘StoveBay. Please write your home address on the reverse of the cheque. Please allow 5 working days for the cheque to clear before goods are dispatched/collected/installed.
- We add Vat at the current rate
- We reserve right to add interest to late payments
- All Trade accounts are subject to change without prior notice.
Delivery & Installation:
- All delivery and installation details at the time of the agreement are given in good faith.
- We will confirm a delivery/installation date with You when Goods are in stock and will make all reasonable endeavours to complete delivery/installation on that date.
- We reserve the right to deliver Goods in whole or part instalments as previously agreed with You.
- We will contact you if We envisage unexpected delays in delivery/installation caused by matters beyond the control of Us, including but not limited to supply of materials, high levels of demand, Goods out of stock with Our supplier, manufacturing delays, inclement weather.
- Any delivery and installation delays will be agreed with from Us to You and will not affect any potential remaining balance payments on the account that were previously agreed.
- You must not refuse delivery once prior agreement in place.
- If Goods have to be redelivered or if installation has to be rearranged, We reserve the right to levy a charge for these Services.
- We shall not leave unattended Goods unless previously agreed with You and have been paid for in full. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damages caused.
- We will not install any Goods that are supplied from any other company.
- Fireplaces are guaranteed for 1 year from the date of installation.
- Warranty will be Null and Void in the instances of overheating and over firing the fire.
- Grates and ash pans are known as the consumables and are not under warranty.
- We will not be liable for any additional works including re-decorating, carpet, floor cleaning carried out by You post-delivery/installation.
- Marble and Stone fireplaces are natural products and every fireplace constructed from these material can be different. We cannot guarantee colour and veining consistency within the product.
- Marble and Stone Fireplaces are porous materials and may stain if smoke/soot penetrate the surface or if liquids are spilled onto them. We are not liable for any damages to material resulting from this.
- Cast Iron Fireplace surrounds/inserts/front frets can discolour with the heat from the open fire. We are not responsible for this.
- Stove installation is guaranteed for 1 year from the date of installation prior to chimney cleaning and maintenance.
- Stove warranties are supplied along with all stoves that vary in duration between manufacturers. Please check the manufacturer manual and guidelines which may recommend online registration or registration by post. We are not responsible for Your warranty.
- The stove consumable parts including grates, fire brick, baffles plates, glass, stove rope are not under warranty unless otherwise stated in the manufacturer guidelines.
- You must burn the correct fuels according to manufacturer’s guidelines. We are not responsible for over firing/overheating of Your stove.
- We recommend cleaning Your chimney prior to installation.
- Your chimney must be cleaned at least once per year or according to the manufacturer’s guidelines and/or chimney sweep recommendations.
- We are not responsible for stoves that are sold on a ‘Supply Only’ basis and any subsequent poor performance due to inadequate installation.
- Hearth plinths, distance to combustibles and flue pipe must be installed according to manufacturer’s guidelines and local building regulations.
Ownership of Goods:
- Goods remain the property of StoveBay until paid for in full.
- We reserve right to refund/not refund deposits or any part payment thereof. We will decide this on a case by case situation and this is non-negotiable.
- Refunds will not be offered on special orders. You will be made aware of this prior to Order.
- Special Orders include bespoke fireplaces, hearth plinths, flue systems, stove glass, fire brick, fire rope, spare parts
Important: Our contract with the customer requires the customer to return cancelled goods at the customer’s expense or cover the cost of collection arranged by StoveBay.
For Faulty Goods:
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, a customer has an early right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund. This right is limited to 30 days from the date the customer took ownership of the goods. If an item is faulty and needs to be returned, the customer does not need to pay postage costs for the return of the faulty item. If a customer is asked to return an item that arrived damaged, not as described or faulty, the retailer should refund the total cost of the return
Terms & Conditions for Purchasing Online
Information & Images:
All information provided is intended to be as accurate and up to date as possible to give customers as much detail on each product as possible. No information is meant to be misleading to You, the Customer.
The content within the site is subject to change without any prior notification.
Pictures and images are intended to provide an accurate, up to date representation of the actual products. Be aware any product graphics and how they are incorporated in a ‘sales brochure’ may vary slightly to that in your home, due to different room settings, brightness of lighting, room colour schemes, design and layout.
From time to time manufacturer product specifications may change due to updating of products and component parts.
- All prices are correct at the time of publication.
- Keep up to date with our goods online as promotions and discounts are run from time to time.
- All prices are shown with and without VAT at the current rate.
- We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- All prices are quoted in sterling unless stated otherwise.
- Additional delivery charges may apply to certain goods; they are dependent on region and product type. If you have any queries, please contact the StoveBay.
Supply of Goods
The customer is responsible for insuring that the purchased goods are suitable and fit for purpose. We reserve the right to refuse the supply and dispatch of all goods.
Availability of Goods
We stock a large range of goods that are available for immediate purchase and dispatch. Some items may be sent to you directly from the manufacturer and the purchase of these good is subject to stock availability. If goods cannot be delivered within a reasonable time frame [in agreement with You], We will inform You as soon as possible and offer an alternative were possible.
We recommend to allow additional time during busy peak season due to stock availability and courier/haulier schedule.
We do not provide any additional warranties to that of the manufacturer. Please check the manufacturer manual and guidelines which may recommend online registration or registration by post. We are not responsible for Your warranty.
- All orders must be paid for in full before they are dispatched.
- You can make payment for goods via the ecommerce website using all major credit and debit cards and Paypal, Paypal Invoicing
- If you wish to pay by cheque or bank/building society cheque/draft please make it payable to ‘StoveBay’. Please write your home address on the reverse of the cheque. Please allow 5 working days for the cheque to clear before goods are dispatched.
- Our ecommerce site is fully secured. We do not store any card details.
We are here to help and advise you on your choice of goods; however, ultimately it is your responsibility to select goods that are most suitable for your needs. Once We have delivered Your product, it is Your responsibility for its safe storage and installation.
Once your goods have been received it is your responsibility for the appropriate and safe installation that complies with the most up to date Building Regulations. As such, you need to inform your local building authority of any works to be carried out. This information is found in the Approved Document J [1-6] ‘Combustion Appliances and Fuel Storage Systems’ of the Building Regulations.
As your stove and associated goods are ‘Live’ working appliance [s] it is important and, your responsibility that you ensure installation is carried out by a fully qualified heating engineer, preferably HETAS registered. Installations are carried out according to the guideline set out in Document J of the Building Regulations.
Note: Self Installations or those not carried out by a suitably qualified engineer may Null and Void product/manufacturer warranties.
Be aware if you live in a ‘Smoke Controlled Area’ that your goods adhere to these Regulations and your stove is ‘DEFRA Exempt’.
We recommend that you do not book a date for installation until the product has been delivered. We are not liable for late deliveries.
Never return goods without contacting StoveBay first. Email us at the earliest possible convenience. Any goods sent without prior contact with Us will not be accepted and we will not be liable for refunds.
According to Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014, You have a 14 day ‘Cooling Off Period’ to return goods from date received. This does not include Special Order or Bespoke Products such as bespoke fireplaces, hearth plinths, flue systems, spare parts, stove glass, fire brick, fire rope and other goods that have been manufactured or cut to size.
Returned goods will only be accepted if they are in original packaging and original state. The goods must not have been fitted, installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in a saleable condition. Please do not write on original packaging.
It is your duty to pay for carriage of returned goods. Goods in transit are your responsibility. Damaged goods will not be refunded. Returned goods are subject to a re-stocking charge [10%]. If goods are not returned in their original condition a re-stocking charge of 20% is applicable.
Note: Most of our items are large and bulky and delivery costs are quite high so we request that you take time and order the correct products and clearly specify any options You require. If you need further information please contact Us.
- Do not write on original packaging as this does not warrant a full refund.
- Damaged goods: will not be refunded.
- Special order goods: [including flexible flue liner/custom flue pipe/custom closure plates] will not be refunded.
- Extra goods: sometimes extra goods [pipe] are ordered to address all possible options to allow for most appropriate installation. These can be returned with a full refund provided they are in their original condition. If item is damaged or marked this does not warrant a full refund.
- Wrong goods sent: please contact us and we will arrange for the correct goods to be sent, as well as, the pick up.
- Lost in transit goods: if you have not received your goods on the arranged date, contact us so we can track the order. You will be given the option to continue with the purchase or to cancel the order.
- Refunded payments will be received within 7-14 days of goods being returned in original condition.
Cancelled Goods: You have a 14 day ‘Cooling Off Period’ to cancel and return goods from date received. If goods are cancelled after shipping has commenced, you will be charged a shipping fee [£65.00] even if the goods do not reach your designated destination.
If goods have arrived, it is your duty to pay for carriage of cancelled goods.
Late Delivery: We endeavour to meet delivery dates, be aware that delays may sometimes occur that are outside of our control; including public holidays, busy times of year, transit delays. Our recommendations would be to plan ahead and order your goods to arrive before any scheduled installation.
Late Delivery: We are not responsible for costs incurred by you for loss of earnings if you take time off to accept delivery of any goods or if a delivery is delayed thus delaying an installer. Furthermore, We are not responsible if delivery is late and you have to reschedule installation. We suggest that you plan ahead and have all goods before scheduling any installation.